Carefree Protect Timber Treatment
The Ultimate Concrete and Wood Protection
Carefree Protect Timber Treatment utilises the very cutting edge of treatment technology on the market today. Developed with Valvoline to produce a world-class timber treatment.
Carefree Protect Timber Treatment is a water-based coating without solvents which penetrates deep into all types of wood and wood products, such as fences, decking, garden furniture, garden posts, log cabins, garden houses, larch, and hardwood, as well as concrete products!
It forms a protective layer against moisture, sunlight, wind and other weather influences. It ensures only a thin layer is on the surface, due to which the structure of the wood or concrete remains clearly visible when using the opaque treatment.
Highly Recommended for use on:
- Log Cabins and all Timber Buildings
- Larch Timber – to maintain the natural colour
- Pressure Impregnated Timber
- Hardwood Timber – to maintain the natural colour
- Inside buildings with a high moisture content such as saunas and log cabins with hot tubs in an enclosed space or a canopy.
The 20 advantages of Carefree Protect Timber Treatment:
- Long-term protection against humidity
- Low maintenance costs
- Easy to apply and easy to clean
- Excellent colour retention with minimal discolouring through sunlight
- Reduced vulnerability to fungi and algae
- High Elasticity
- Prevents calcium formation on concrete
- Very Quick Drying
- Carefree Wood Protectant is easy to use.
- Wood Protectant dries fast, and your wood/concrete is ready to use in 15 minutes (depending on temperature, humidity, and type of surface).
- Wood Protectant can be used without a base coat or another primer.
- This makes the long-term protection of wood and concretes quick and simple.
- Carefree Wood Protectant must be stored frost-free.
- Brushes can be cleaned with water.
- At Least Three coats are required on Log Cabins and Saunas.
- The transparent treatment is excellent for use on Larch and Hardwood to help maintain the natural colour.
- Long Lasting
Carefree Protectant Transparent 2.5 Litre
- 38.2810 Carefree Protect Clear
- 38.2811 Carefree Protect Pine
- 38.2812 Carefree Protect Light Oak
Carefree Protectant Semi-Opaque 2.5 Litre.
- 38.2840 Carefree Protect White
- 38.2843 Carefree Protect Concrete Grey
Carefree Protectant opaque 2.5 Litre.
- 38.2841 Carefree Protect Green
- 38.2842 Carefree Protect Black
- 38.2844 Carefree Protect Concrete grey
*Please Note: The colours shown in the Catalogue and Website may not 100% match the colour received. ALWAYS carry out a tester on scrap timber before using.
Carefree Protect (CFP) differs from normal paint as it penetrates much more in the underlying surface.
Although penetration is still possible with lower temperatures, we advise you to apply CFP with temperatures from at least 7 degrees Celsius.
Wood has to be dry during application of CFP in order to guarantee the best possible penetration.
Coverage is dependent on the individual painter but overall it is 6 – 8 m.sq per litre. With the 2.5 litre tins the coverage is 15 – 20 m.sq.
The layer thickness is on average 20 – 30 microns. A depth of 80 – 120 microns is recommended for all log cabins. We would recommend three-four coats of this treatment for maximum stabilisation and longevity with a re-application every few years.
Please Note: The colours shown in the Catalogue and Website may not 100% match the colour received. ALWAYS carry out a tester on scrap timber before using.
If a log cabin is shut up regularly, is not ventilated, does not have a DPM then we also recommend the treatment of the inside of the building. It is always good practice to paint the inside of doors and windows to stabilise the timber in high and low relative humidity.
The transparent treatment is very transparent, please be careful to cover fully when treating particularly in the case of the window and door beading it is also easy to miss the bottom of the building: As it is very transparent it is easy to miss these areas – please be careful.
Three coats of Carefree Protect Timber Treatment is advisable liberally applied, four coats are better. It is a good idea to treat the doors and windows inside and outside to stabilise the wood and guard against warping.
On log cabins, three coats are recommended and pay special attention to all joints and liberally apply in these areas especially the corner joints, windows, and doors. Of course, it is best to treat the cabin prior to installation but we appreciate this is not always practical.
Approximate Delivery Time: 15 – 25 Working Days