A QUICK AND EASY DIY STEEL ROOFING SOLUTION
Read this post and see how easy it is to install Steel Roofing.
LIGHTWEIGHT STEEL ROOFING TILE SHEETS OF 1 M² OR 35 TILES THAT CAN BE RAPIDLY INSTALLED WITH MINIMUM WASTE.
Every Steel Roofing sheet contains 5 tiles in width and 7 tiles in height. Each sheet fits onto any roof and the tiles can be overlapped with each other in height and width without having to be bent or cut. Fast, simple and easy, with no wastage, backed by a 15-year weather-proof guarantee.
LIGHTWEIGHT STEEL ROOFING is ideal for most DIY roofing projects including:
STRONG & SECURE + LASTS 20 YEARS + POPULAR SHAPE + 15 YEAR GUARANTEE + LIGHTWEIGHT + EASY TO INSTALL
First, fasten the barge boards. Always begin at the bottom and screw them tight at the bottom along the outside. Ensure that you get a straight line at the top. Overlap the barge boards with a minimum of 25 mm overlap.
Every bargeboard has a neutral zone of 7.5 cm (this is on both sides, i.e. 2 x 7.5 cm, equal to the width of one tile) in order to facilitate a proportionate distribution of the Steel Roofing sheets along the length of the full course.
Place the sheets in a complete line from left to right starting at the bottom of the roof. Always use the full width of the sheet (= 5 tiles) and always lay the next sheet ON the gutter/bridging of the previous sheet.
Then start with the next row, above the bottom-most course in the same way described here above. Always lay the sheet OVER the rear sheet below.
The topmost row of sheets should be placed at about 5 cm from the highest point of the ridge for the placement of the ridge sections. To fit you do not need to cut, but only overlap (downwards) the tiles of the lower course to get the right distance to the ridge.
Fix each sheet with the fasteners and use around 6 to 9 screws per sheet. Always screw in the trough of the sheet about 2 cm below the nose into the base or batten.
Seal ridge endings with the V-shaped end cap. Place the V-shaped notch in level with the highest point of the ridge and tighten the screw. Fold back the lips in the direction of the roof.
Distribute the ridges uniformly over the entire length and fasten to the extremities of both the bargeboards and all the overlaps. Overlap the ridges with a minimum of 100 mm overlap.
Do It Yourself Roof Installation
HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED?
Metal Roof Plates – Calculations as follows:
- Measure the total width and length of the roof to find the area in meters and then divide by 0.86 – round up this figure for the number of metal roof panels needed.
- Roof boards are 2.37m in length
- Roof length is 4.25m
- 2.37 x 4.25 = 10.07
- To find the number of panels divide this by 0.86 (panel dimensions)
- 10.07 / 0.86 = 11.70 – Therefore 12 panels are required
- Remember this is ONE side of the roof so the total building will need 24 metal roof panels for both sides.
Metal Roof Barge Boards Calculation:
- Roof boards length in meters and divide by 0.81. Round this up and multiply by four to account for all sides.
Metal Ridge Capping Calculation:
- Measure the length of the ridge in meters and divide by 0.81. Round this up to get the number required.
- Each roof will require two end caps for the ridge pieces.
Each self-tapping Screw Pack contains 40 screws. Nine screws are required per plate including barge boards and ridge pieces. These screws are 20mm in length.